Monday, August 6, 2012

Kuching! Orangutans!


I was so excited to visit the Semenggoh Wildlife Center about 25 km outside of Kuching. They have over 20 semi-wild orangutans that have been rehabilitated and released into the forest reserve.

We visited during their normal feeding time, but were told not to get our hopes up about seeing any orangutans. They appear less and less as they adjust to life in the wild. We were so happy when, right when we arrived, there were already five orangutans eating!



I could not believe the amount of bananas this guy fit in his mouth. At least 15!


3 comments:

  1. You have lived out one of my life dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing. I truly hope you get to experience it one day.

      Delete
  2. This must have been so much fun!! I would love to see them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete