Friday, February 24, 2012

Thailand Trip part 1- Plants

While in Thailand, I was able to find and take pictures of some pretty crazy plants. Here are a few of my favorites:

A few weeks ago, after seeing this picture, I made a new New Year's Resolution to find and photograph a dragonfruit tree. I should have specified that I would like to be standing on solid ground whilst taking the photograph. I got ridiculously excited when I saw these outside of the bus window and even MORE excited when the bus driver took a wrong turn and had to drive by them AGAIN so I could take this picture. My students must have thought I was crazy. Now I need a new new New Year's Resolution.

I don't even know what to say about this. What IS it? My students kept saying that it was lettuce. Is there a kind of lettuce that grows on trees? Any insights?

I took a picture of this same plant last year and it only had three leaves. Now it has five!


We kept passing these trucks brim full of (what I thought were) sticks. I asked the Lao teacher sitting next to me and she said that they were sugar cane! I guess it's sugar cane harvest season in Thailand because we saw at least 10 trucks exactly like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment