Friday, March 2, 2012

At the Dentist

When Hong needed to get a tooth checked, I decided to go with him because I was curious to see what a Lao dentist office looked like. I was not allowed to go in the back with Hong, so I had to sit in the lobby facing the creepiest oral hygiene promotion poster I've ever seen.


Let's take a closer look:


It says "You must have teeth your whole life...brush your teeth."

I'm surprised I haven't had nightmares about these children chanting in unison "You must have teeth...YOU MUST HAVE TEETH".

5 comments:

  1. They do look like little demons! And is that an alter above them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Dad's wondering what the boy is holding? Radishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and he seems to have taken bites out of BOTH the radish AND the banana.

      Delete
  3. I think we could make a musical out of that "You must have teeth!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Good idea! They could dance around with ginormous toothbrushes and questionable-looking vegetables!

      Delete