Saturday, March 17, 2012

River Butterflies


The weather yesterday was perfect for swimming! So Hong and I and some of Hong's work friends went to a river about 40 minutes outside of Vientiane. It was excellent!

I noticed a flurry of activity in the sand and realized that it was a group (a clan? a pride?) of butterflies!


Perhaps I shouldn't have disturbed them, but having tons of butterflies swirling around you is slightly magical!


I just googled it and found three results: 'a swarm of butterflies', 'a rabble of butterflies', 'a flutter of butterflies'. I can't decide if I like flutter or rabble better! (Results were found here and here.)

2 comments:

  1. We like the 'flutter' the best! On one of those sites we found a 'prickle of hedgehogs',a 'bloat of hippopotami', and Dad's favorite a 'sneak of weasels'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I liked those too. I also liked an 'implausability of gnus' and a 'rhumba of rattlesnakes'.

      Delete